The Dietary Inflammatory Index (DII) was created to measure how inflammatory foods are to your body and organs, thus providing guidelines to consumers and doctors. Did you know:
Scientific evidence links inflammatory diets to many conditions that cause disability and death in the United States, including:
- Heart disease
- Many cancers (especially colorectal cancer)
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Arthritis & joint pain
- Combined, these conditions affect well over 50% of the population in the United States alone.
- Treating these conditions costs our healthcare system an estimated $600 billion per year.
- The DII-based inflammatory reduction counseling system known is designed to help people adjust their diet and adopt more anti-inflammatory foods.
- If 25% of the population affected with inflammation-related disease enroll in IMAGINE, healthcare costs would be reduced by $75 billion a year.